After about two months of spending nearly all my time staring at a screen, whether that be my computer or my phone, my eyes are starting to really hurt. In a typical week, I spend about probably 13-15 hours on my computer. Most of that is in Zoom class and some of that is just doing homework. That time is not including the time I spend staring at my phone, also. I’ve been very hesitant about turning my video off during Zoom class because I worry that the teacher won’t think I’m engaged. But for my own eyes sake, I’ve started to turn off my video more and more so I’m not constantly staring at my little video picture and can actually look away to relieve my eyes. I actually caught myself taking a screen break during class the other day, only to take that break while checking Instagram on my phone. What the heck, right? I’m also trying to go to sleep a bit earlier so my eyes have more time to rest. As a result of all the work (why is October so heavy with assignments!?) I have to do, I’ve been staying up late which I’m sure doesn’t help my eyes at all either.

Today I downloaded an eye health app on my phone called “Eyes Training” from the Google Play store for free. I haven’t used it yet but I will definitely be checking out the settings to remind myself to take eye breaks. I would also like to try to wear my glasses more often but usually when I need them, I’m also wearing a mask and I get annoyed way too easily with the fog up to deal with that.