Buttercream flowers! Accomplished! Mostly… you can call ’em flowers if you want to… (wow, that clip from Bambi is the cutest ever, should I get my Disney+ account back?)

I made about a gallon of pretty pink icing to practice with. With piping bag locked and loaded in one hand, I pressed play on my instructional YouTube video with the other hand.

I thought my first attempt was pretty good, except the icing had started to soften a little too much so that my pretty pink roses came out more like… pretty pink blobs. After putting the icing in the fridge for a while, I was able to pipe out something that much more resembled a rose! It was also better the second time around as I had actually finished watching the instructional video and had realized I had the piping tip upside down so the petals were coming out too wide. Sometimes my need to “beat” the instructions gets the best of me, I’ll admit.

Blob to rose!

I scooped my trial icing back into its bowl after eating a few (maybe more) spoonfuls to be brought back out for another day when I had time to actually bake something to go along with it. And that day finally came near the end of the week at about 11pm when I finally had the energy.

I stayed up until about 1am baking and icing and eating. The results of my piping came out recognizable and quite good if I may toot my own horn, and I tried a couple different flower techniques. Again the icing has been tucked away in its bowl in the fridge for another piping adventure. I think that for this week I will try out writing in icing: time to break out my cursive worksheets from second grade! Do you think I’ll get extra points for writing out my lesson plan for EDCI 352 in cursive buttercream icing? I know there’s a lack of words in this post but I think in this case, pictures may be better. Here’s some pictures of my pretty good buttercream flowers!